- The MI254 4-Channel Digital Amplifier is a versatile multi-channel amplifier ideal for use in distributed audio, home theater or 2-channel stereo playback.
- Delivers 250 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 300 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers via highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with extremely robust power supplies to produce performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio.
- Installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (ears are removable for non-rack installations).
- As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
- Two McIntosh Watt Meters display the summed power output of
channels 1 + 2 and channels 3 + 4. Multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. Features a balanced and unbalanced input for each channel along with our standard 5-way speaker binding posts.
- Other features included: Loudspeaker Guard signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers; Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels; BUS input & outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers; individual channel inputs; 12 Volt triggering capabilities; and eco-friendly on/off signal sensing.
POWER AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
250 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers
300 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers
Total Harmonic Distortion:
0.025% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio:
8 Ohms: 2.5dB
4 Ohms: 3.5dB
8 Ohms: >85
4 Ohms: >45
+0, -0.9dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
17-1/2” (44.45cm) 19” (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-5/16” (11cm)
x 21” (53.3cm)
23.5 lbs (10.7kg) net,
40 lbs (18.1kg) in shipping carton
For the Consumer’s Protection:
In order to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, new McIntosh products may only be purchased from an Authorized McIntosh Dealer; and, with certain limited exceptions may only be purchased over-the-counter or delivered and installed by the Authorized McIntosh Dealer. McIntosh does not warrant, in any way, products that are purchased from anyone who is not an Authorized McIntosh Dealer, or that have had their serial numbers altered or defaced.