SERIES: C52 Stereo Preamplifier
The MC601 Amplifier, MCT450 SACD/CD Transport, MT5 Turntable, MR88 AM/FM/HD Tuner, MB100 Media Bridge, MEN220 Room Correction System, MPC1500 Power Controller and XR200 Loudspeakers are logical companions for the C52 Stereo Preamplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh product combinations.
- The most advanced, single chassis solid state preamplifier we’ve ever made with an abundance of inputs to connect virtually any of your analog components and digital music sources.
- Supports many of the latest high resolution file formats including DSD files.
- Offers a secure, custom DSD connection for playback of SACDs when paired with the McIntosh MCT450 SACD/CD Transport.
- An 8 band analog equalizer lets you to fine tune your various music sources just the way you like.
- Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings lifelike depth and spatiality to your music for your personal listening enjoyment.
- Home Theater Pass Through allows for seamless integration into your existing multi-channel home theater system.
- Classic styling permits the C52 to blend with new or old McIntosh systems and with any room decor.
+0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.003% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio (High Level)
Rated Output Voltage
Balanced 5 Vrms
Unbalanced 2.5 Vrms
Maximum Voltage Output
Balanced 16 Vrms
Unbalanced 8 Vrms
3 optical and 2 coaxial inputs decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz; 1 USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 7-5/8” (19.4cm) including feet x 18” (45.72cm) including the front panel, knobs and cables
27.5 lbs (12.5kg) net, 43 lbs (19.5kg) in shipping carton