TYPE: Mono Power Amplifier
TYPE: Mono Power Amplifier
Over the last three decades, MBL has played a major part in breathtaking developments in the worldwide audio sector. MBL accompanied and influenced the birth and growth of high-end audio equipment. Throughout the entire process, MBL was driven by its special goal: to be the cutting edge market leader in terms of technology and quality. There was a time when the “Radialstrahler” was only an idea on a sketch-pad. An idea that many people believed would not work, was turned into patent. Thirty years and countless awards later, thousands of audiophiles in the whole world are now closer to their beloved music than they had ever dreamt of.
MBL’s goal remains unchanged: developing the most advanced speakers and audio players worldwide plus the establishment of a standard above all competitors – with the highest possible demand on quality. Every single MBL component is man-made, from development and design to the manufacturing, testing and listening – from the idea to the finished product. It’s up to you, the music lover, to assess the result. Your judgement, your emotion when you listen to your favorite piece of music on one of our players, this is what counts at MBL. Let yourself be enchanted by music and the design of our music equipment – all our efforts are dedicated to music and to you.
General description / special features
- LASA 2.0 amplifier – MBL-developed technology that combines the advantages of diff erent amplifier concepts. The resultant amplifier is perfectly suited to drive complex loads such as loudspeakers, ensuring that the frequency response remains stable even at varying loads and has a homogeneous tonal balance throughout frequency range.
- Symmetrical layout for better common mode rejection
- Soft Clipping – even at very high volumes the amplifier goes gently into clipping mode, never sounding aggressive or distorted
- Power supply is made by a massive analog toroidal transformer with protective shield technology in its MU-metal enclosure
- 560 watts (4 Ω) power with 36 Amp peak output current, values that ensure a sovereign and unconstrained performance even at higher volume levels
- Rectifier with low recovery losses
- Pass-through output (XLR) for connecting a further power amplifier. This allows the use of two amplifiers per channel for bi-amping, even if only one cable from the preamplifier leads to the power amplifier, or the preamplifier has only one output per channel.
- Two balanced inputs (XLR) for connecting two separate preamplifiers or one preamplifier and a streamer with its own volume control
- High-quality, vibration-damped full copper loudspeaker connections (binding posts) by the German manufacturer WBT
- MBL SmartLink version 2.0, employed to network MBL devices with the exchange of status information
- Intelligent remote control concept for easy operation
- SD-card slot for easy firmware and display content update
- “Made in Germany” development and production made in MBL’s own factory in Berlin
Inputs / Outputs
- 2 analog balanced inputs XLR
- 1 analog balanced pass-through XLR
- 2 pairs loudspeaker connections (binding posts)
- 2 MBL SmartLink connectors (RJ45)