BRAND: ProJect Audio
SERIES: THE CLASSIC
This turntable makes use of traditional frame design which was established by the famous turntable manufacturers of the 50’s and 60’s. It uses a compact simple and elegant form factor.
The Classic incorporates a combination of approved belt drive design using a low noise AC motor with an ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for ultimate speed stability. Advanced technology is used for decoupling and the completely new designed tonearm.
Like our famous Debut we wanted to create an easy to use “plug & play”product, but with better sound due to better isolation. Thanks to the modern damping materials TPE* we are able to design a very effective, subchassis construction. Isolating the platter and tonearm from the resonances of the motor and main plinth is the target.
The heavy aluminium main platter construction utilises advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE*) for optimising resonance behaviour. A drawback for most of the old designs was the platter.
Casted platters all have been heavy (which is good for speed constancy and low wow and flutter) but suffered very much from ringing effects which again caused colouration of the sound.
The platter of The Classic is precisely machined out of a special aluminium alloy again damped with TPE*, which offers special damping abilities. The subplatter / main bearing construction we use is similar system as on the Debut. It is made of hardened steel/ Bronze bushing/ Teflon bearing mirror, which re-sults in very smooth low noise running smoothness of the bearing.
- Belt drive with electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Precision balanced TPE*-damped aluminium-platter/ felt mat
- Metal/MDF sandwich chassis floating on TPE* suspension
- 9” carbon/aluminium tonearm with MM & MC capability
- Japanese ball bearing (base of tonearm)
- Integrated central vertical cable outlet for unhindered
- arm movement
- Ultra low friction zircon pin-point cardan bearings (top & side)
- Azimuth and VTA fully adjustable
- TPE damped counterweight
- Optionally available with 2M Silver phono cartridge
- Classic wooden chassis in 3 matt finishes (walnut,rosenut, eucalyptus)
33, 45 (manual speed change)
Wow & flutter
33: ±0,11 % 45: ±0,10 %
33: ±0,15 % 45: ±0,12 %
Signal to noise
9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
Effective arm length
Effective arm mass
10 – 30mN
15 volts DC / 0,8A power supply, dust cover
110/120 or 230/240 Volt – 50 or 60 Hz
5 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby
462 x 131 x 351 mm (WxHxD) lid closed,462 x 423 x 390 mm (WxHxD) lid opened.
10,2 kg net