SERIES: MC302 Stereo Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
The McIntosh C48 Preamplifier, MCD301 SACD/CD Player and the XR200 Loudspeaker are logical companions for the MC302 Stereo Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information.
- In a world where products are designed for planned obsolescence, the MC302 stands out as a true value. It will deliver decades of musical enjoyment reflecting both outstanding build quality and advanced technical performance.
- The classic stereo power amplifier at 300 watts per channel.
- New McIntosh chassis and faceplate design featuring larger, easier to read power Wattmeters and new side mounting of the amplifier heat sinks allowing cooler operation.
- Unique McIntosh designed speaker wire binding posts make the perfect connection with all types of speaker wire terminations.
- MC302 is the perfect choice for both dedicated stereo or multi-channel audio systems.
300 Watts minimum sine wave continuous average power output per channel with both channels operating.
Output Load Impedance
Terminals for 8, 4 and 2 ohms
Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from 250 milliwatts to rated power output.
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 9-7/16” (23.97cm) (including feet) x 22” (55.88cm) (including front panel, knobs and cables)
98 lbs (44.45 kg) net, 131 lbs (59.42 kg) in shipping carton
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level- resets automatically
Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy