TYPE: Power Amplifier
TThe C2600 or C52 Preamplifier, D1100 Digital Preamplifier, MT5 Precision Turntable, MCD550 SACD/CD Player, MR87 AM/FM Tuner, MB50 Streaming Audio Player and XR100 Loudspeakers are logical companions for the MC611 Power Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh product combinations.
- Experience stereo bliss with the MC462 Quad Balanced Power Amplifier. It replaces the highly regarded MC452 as our most powerful stereo amplifier and features the same robust output of 450 Watts per channel.
- With a dedicated McIntosh Autoformer™ connected to each audio channel, the full 450 Watts is available to any speaker regardless if it has 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
- Compared to MC452, filter capacity has been nearly doubled – resulting in a remarkable 66% increase in dynamic headroom.
- Other updates include heavier gauge internal wiring, upgraded circuit components, addition of our eco-friendly power management system, and updated industrial design features.
- Full of numerous McIntosh technologies including Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Quad Balanced design, McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™, patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts and Power Control.
- Signature black glass front panel features new direct LED backlighting for improved appearance and color accuracy.
- Sits atop a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis and is completed with a pair of fast responding blue Watt meters, control knobs, illuminated logo and aluminum end caps with handles.
450 Watts into 2, 4 or 8 Ohm speakers
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio
122dB Balanced 120dB Unbalanced
Greater than 40 Wideband
+0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
Inputs & Outputs
2 Balanced inputs
2 Unbalanced inputs
2 Balanced outputs
2 Unbalanced outputs
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 9-7/16” (23.97cm) x 22-1/2” (5.2cm)
115 lbs (52.3kg) net, 148 lbs (67.3kg) in shipping carton