SERIES: MC830TYPE: Power Amplifier
The MC830 is a 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier that features an open chassis industrial design similar to our popular MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier, and MA252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers.
- Direct coupled output design that is rated at 300 Watts at 8 Ohms or 480 Watts at 4 Ohms.
- Fast-responding Dual Scale Watt meter gives an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
- Monogrammed Heatsinks™ add visual appeal and will keep the MC830 running cool for optimum performance.
- Power Guard® technology monitors the output signal to protect your speakers against being over driven.
- Sentry Monitor™ technology monitors the output current and shuts the amplifier off if it ever exceeds safe limits.
- Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts easily secure your speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short.
- Power Control ports allow for easy system power up and shutdown by sending power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components.
- User selectable Auto Off feature will turn off the MC830 after 30 minutes if no audio signal is received.
300 Watts into 8 Ohms
480 Watts into 4 Ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion:
0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio:
Greater than 100
+0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
12-9/32” (31.2cm) x 9-1/2” (24.1cm) x 16” (40.6cm)
48 lbs (21.8 kg), 55 lbs (24.9 kg) in shipping carton