SERIES: The MC Century
A newly developed Anniversary moving coil cartridge.
The MC Century represents the absolute top of Moving Coil cartridges. This state of the art product is truly exemplary of the highest degree of performance possible in contemporary analogue playback technology.
The MC Century represents numerous Ortofon design elements and ideals:
- The housing and the body of the cartridge are made in Titanium with SLM technique.
- High performance iron-cobalt alloy is applied for some parts of the magnet system.
- The armature damping system provides complete elimination of unwanted resonance.
- Ortofon Replicant 100 diamond, thin and light, with an extraordinarily large contact surface, tracing accuracy unparalleled by any other needle in existence.
- The crystal structure and exceptional hardness of the new Diamond cantilever ensures the best possible interface between the stylus and the armature.
- The combination of Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 diamond on Diamond cantilever provides extremely responsive and transparent sound reproduction.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.
Channel balance at 1 kHz
Channel separation at 1 kHz
Channel separation at 15 kHz
20 Hz-20 kHz +/- 1.5 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force
Compliance, dynamic, lateral
Special polished Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 on Diamond Cantilever
Stylus tip radius
r/R 5/100 µm
Tracking force, recommended
2,4 g (24 mN)
Internal impedance, DC resistance
Recommended load impedance
> 10 Ohm
Cartridge body material