SERIES: C8 Preamplifier
- The C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier has an open chassis industrial design similar to our popular MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, MC830 Solid State
- Amplifier, and MA252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers.
- Powered by four 12AX7a vacuum tubes housed inside stylish protective cages.
- Comes with 1 balanced and 2 unbalanced analog inputs, plus 1 Moving
- Coil and 1 Moving Magnet phono inputs with adjustable loading. 1 balanced and 2 unbalanced outputs.
- Does not come equipped with any digital inputs, but it is digital-audioready as our DA2 Digital Audio Module can be installed in it as an optional dealer installed upgrade.
- The DA2 has 7 digital inputs: 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT (for use with our line of SACD/CD Transports), and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio
- Return Channel (ARC)1 connection. Supports up to DSD512.
- Bass and treble tone controls help fine tune your music to your personal preferences.
- Comes with our High Drive headphone amplifier that has plenty of power and flexibility to drive a wide range of headphones.
- Power Control can automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off. Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected source components.
+0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion:
0.08% Maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
1 Moving Coil (adjustable)
1 Moving Magnet (adjustable)
Maximum Output Voltage:
Balanced: 16 Vrms
Unbalanced: 8 Vrms
Bass and Treble (adjustable)
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
2-9/32” (31.2cm) x 7-5/8” (19.4cm)
x 16-1/4” (41.3cm)
18 lbs (8.2 kg) net, 25 lbs (11.3 kg) in shipping carton