SERIES: MC1.2kW Power AmplifierTYPE: Power Amplifier
The McIntosh C500 Preamplifier, MCD1100 SACD/CD Player, MR88 AM/FM/XM/HD Tuner, MEN220 Room Correction System, MPC1500 Power Controller and the XRT1K Loudspeaker are logical companions to the MC1.2K Power Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information.
- McIntosh’s MC1.2kW amplifier combines staggering power with finesse and musicality.
- Quad Balancing, a feature unique to McIntosh, brings noise and distortion levels down to the point of virtual non-existence. Now you can enjoy the full dynamic color of your most demanding music, painted on a background of silence.
- A giant hand-built Watt meter, glowing behind the 1/2-inch glass panel, provides more than the iconic McIntosh aesthetic. It allows you to accurately monitor the output power of the amplifier and stay within your speaker’s power limits.
- McIntosh’s patented Power Guard circuit stands guard to prevent speaker-damaging amplifier “clipping” during unexpectedly high musical peaks.
- With the MC1.2kW, you always get all the power you paid for. The exclusive Output Autoformer allows the amplifier to deliver 1200 Watts of power into any speaker, regardless of whether it is 2, 4, or 8-Ohm impedance.
- In true McIntosh fashion, the MC1.2kW will provide highperformance, trouble-free musical enjoyment that can be passed down to the next generation.
1200 watts into an 8, 4 or 2 ohm load is the minimum sine wave con tinuous average power output
Output Load Impedance
Terminals for 8, 4 and 2 ohms
Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum harmonic distor tion at any power level from 250 milliwatts to rated power output
+0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
Input Sensitivity (For rated output)
2.5V Unbalanced 5V Balanced
Signal-To-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted)
120 below rated output, Unbalanced 124dB below rated output, Balanced
0.005% maximum if instantaneous peak power output does not exceed twice the rated output, for any combination of frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz
Wide Band Damping Factor
reater than 40
Less than 2% THD with 14dB overdrive at 1,000Hz
100 volts, 50/60Hz, 13 amps 110/120 volts, 50/60Hz, 12.5/12 amps 220 volts, 50/60Hz, 7.5 amps 230/240 volts, 50/60Hz, 6.5 amps.