SERIES: MC301 Power Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
The McIntosh C50 Preamplifier, MR88 AM/FM/HD Tuner, MCD550 SACD/CD Player, MT10 Turntable, XR200 Loudspeakers, MEN220 Room Correction System and MPC1500 Power Controller are logical companions for the MC301 Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh products.
- The MC301 delivers a full 300 watts of power into a single channel at 2, 4 or 8 ohms.
- Our smallest current model mono block amplifier, the MC301 is perfect for smaller systems where higher power output levels are not needed.
- Mono block amplification is the ultimate in system configuration as each speaker has its own dedicated amp, which guarantees maximum channel separation and audio fidelity. Our proprietary Quad Balanced circuit design yields the highest power level with the least amount of distortion.
- McIntosh output Autoformers ensure every speaker receives full power regardless of its impedance while Power Guard® prevents clipping that could damage your speakers.
- Space saving design with slim 6” tall chassis, allowing it to fit where larger models won’t.
300 Watts minimum sine wave continuous average power output
Output Load Impedance
Terminals for 8, 4 and 2 Ohms
Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from 250 milliwatts to rated power output
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 6” (15.24cm) (including feet) x 17” (43.2cm) (including front panel and cables)
67 lbs (30.4kg) net, 77 lbs (34.9kg) in shipping carton
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level; resets automatically.