TYPE: Power Amplifier
- The versatile MI128 8-Channel Digital Amplifier can be used in many applications ranging from distributed audio to home theater to stereo.
- Delivers 120 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 150 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers via highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with extremely robust power supplies to produce performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio.
- Installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (the ears are removable for non-rack installations).
- As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
- Multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. Features unbalanced inputs plus 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals for each channel.
- Includes volume controls for volume balancing, along with 2 digital audio inputs (either coax or optical) that can be bussed, and channel summing circuits for easy mono signal distribution.
- Other features included: Loudspeaker Guard signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers; Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels; BUS input & outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers; individual channel inputs; 12 Volt triggering capabilities; and eco-friendly on/off signal sensing.
120 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers
150 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers
Total Harmonic Distortion:
0.05% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio:
8 Ohms: 2.1dB
4 Ohms: 3.3dB
8 Ohms: >65
4 Ohms: >32
+0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
2 Digital (coax or optical)
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
17-1/2” (44.45cm) 19” (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-5/16” (11cm) x 21” (53.3cm)
22 lbs (10kg) net, 38.4 lbs (17.4kg) in shipping carton
For the Consumer’s Protection:
In order to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, new McIntosh products may only be purchased from an Authorized McIntosh Dealer; and, with certain limited exceptions may only be purchased over-the-counter or delivered and installed by the Authorized McIntosh Dealer. McIntosh does not warrant, in any way, products that are purchased from anyone who is not an Authorized McIntosh Dealer, or that have had their serial numbers altered or defaced.