SERIES: MC152 Stereo Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
The McIntosh C48 Preamplifier, MR88 AM/FM/HD Tuner, MCD550 SACD/CD Player, MT5 Turntable, XR100 Loudspeakers, MEN220 Room Correction System and MPC1500 Power Controller are logical companions for the MC152 Stereo Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh products.
- The MC152 delivers 150 watts of power into two channels at 2, 4 or 8 ohms.
- Our smallest current model solid state stereo amplifier, the MC152 is perfect for smaller systems where higher power output levels are not needed.
- Ideal to use in modest sized stereo systems or in home theaters to power surround channels.
- McIntosh output Autoformers ensure every speaker receives full power regardless of its impedance while Power Guard® prevents clipping that could damage your speakers.
- Space saving design with slim 6” tall chassis, allowing it to fit where larger models won’t.
150 Watts minimum sine wave continuous average power output per channel with both channels operating
Output Load Impedance
Terminals for 8, 4 and 2 Ohms
Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from 250 milliwatts to rated power output
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 6” (15.24cm) (including feet) x 17” (43.2cm) (including front panel and cables)
75 lbs (34kg) net, 85 lbs (38.6kg) in shipping carton
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level; resets automatically.
Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks to make staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.