SERIES: MC452 Stereo Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
The McIntosh C50 Preamplifier, MR88 AM/FM/HD Tuner, MCD500 SACD/CD Player, MT10 Turntable, XR200 Loudspeakers, MEN220 Room Correction System and MPC1500 Power Controller are logical companions for the MC452 Stereo Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh product combinations.
- Our most powerful McIntosh stereo amplifier, the MC452 delivers the most music with all speaker brands and types.
- New McIntosh chassis and faceplate design featuring larger easier to read power wattmeters framed with attractive aluminum side handles. New chassis design allows a cool, quiet, long life performance.
- Twin-balanced input and output flexibility.
- Unique, designed speaker wire binding posts make the perfect connection with all types of speaker wire terminations and are easier to use.
- Meter backlight control for use with compatible McIntosh “control centers”.
- Quad Balanced is a technology that McIntosh has perfected for nearly 20 years and results in the most music with the best fidelity.
450 Watts minimum sine wave continuous average power output per channel with both channels operating
Output Load Impedance
Terminals for 8, 4 and 2 Ohms
Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from 250 milliwatts to rated power output
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 9-7/16” (23.97cm) (including feet) x 22” (55.88cm) (including front panel, handles and cables)
110 lbs (49.9kg) net, 143 lbs (64.9kg) in shipping carton
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level; resets automatically.
Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks to make staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.