SERIES: MHA150 Headphone Amplifier
The MHP1000 Headphones, MB50 Streaming Audio Player and MCT450 SACD/CD Transport are logical companions for the MHA150 Headphone Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh product combinations.
- The MHA150 contains the same feature set as the critically-acclaimed MHA100 but with a new digitalto-analog converter (DAC) that adds support for DSD and DXD files to give you access to the latest in digital music performance.
- Utilizes our Autoformer technology to produce three headphone impedance ranges of 8-40, 40-150 and 150-600 ohms so every headphone will produce the best possible personal listening experience.
- Offers a secure DSD connection for playback of SACDs when paired with the McIntosh MCT450 SACD/CD Transport.
- Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings added dimension to your music in a natural sounding way.
- Same width as the MB50 Streaming Audio Player. Combine the two to start building a complete system.
- Powerful and versatile enough to drive a pair of quality desktop or small bookshelf speakers via its 50 watt stereo speaker outputs. 5 step Bass Boost Control for further customization.
Headphone Power Output
1W Normal Selection: 250mW
Headphone Output Impedance
8-40 Ohms, 40-150 Ohms, 150-600 Ohms
Amplifier Power Output
50 watts per channel with both channels operating into 8 Ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
1 high level unbalanced (stereo)
1 high level balanced (stereo)
4 digital (see Digital Section)
1 Coax 1 Optical 1 MCT 1 USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz McIntosh Digital Engine is 32-bit/384kHz, USB 2.0 asynchronous.
5 Step Bass Boost Control
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
11-1/2”(29.2cm) x 5-7/8” (14.9cm) x 18” (45.7cm) including knobs, connectors and cables.
26.5 lbs (12 kg) net, 32.5 lbs (14.8 kg) in shipping carton