MR89 AM/FM Tuner
- The MR89 is the latest in a line of superb McIntosh tuners including the MR78 from the 1970s that many still think is the best tuner ever made.
- The MR89 features exclusive McIntosh radio frequency circuitry that is capable of receiving both strong FM signals from nearby stations – something that can overload and cause distortion in lesser tuners – and is also able to tune in weaker FM signals with little to no noise.
- A multitude of advancements have been made in the MR89 to make your radio listening more pleasurable. Sensitivity, Signal to Noise Ratio, Harmonic Distortion, Channel Selectivity, and Stereo Separation were thoroughly analyzed and thoughtfully updated.
- New features have also been added including a High Blend option in the Stereo Blending function, as well as Softmute, and Highcut.
- 60dB output meters show the signal level that’s being delivered from the analog outputs of each channel. Depending on the program received, the meters are a good indication of the MR89’s excellent stereo separation capabilities.
- A pair of balanced and unbalanced analog outputs along with one each of digital coax and optical outputs are included to connect the MR89 to your home audio system.
- Supports the FM Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS)1, allowing the display to show various information such as station name, music genre, artist name, and song title (if transmitted by the station).
87.5MHz – 108.0MHz (Europe)
88.1MHz – 107.9MHz (USA)
76.0MHz – 108.0MHz (Japan)
50kHz, 100kHz or 200kHz
75 ohms, Type “F” Coax connector
Useable Sensitivity: 2uV
Signal To Noise Ratio:
±1dB 20Hz to 18kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion:
Mono: 0.1%; Stereo: 0.3%
70dB Adjacent Channel
75dB Alternate Channel
Stereo Separation: 45dB
531kHz – 1701kHz (Europe)
530kHz – 1700kHz (USA)
531kHz – 1629kHz (Japan)
Channel Spacing: 9kHz or 10kHz
Balanced RJ45 (for use only with
supplied RAA2 Remote AM Antenna)
Signal To Noise Ratio: 55dB
±1dB 20Hz – 1.5kHz, -6dB 3kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.1%
Selectivity: 45dB Adjacent Channel
100 ohms Unbalanced or Balanced
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
17-1/2” (44.45cm) x 6” (15.24cm)
x 15-7/8” (40.32cm)
25.5 lbs (11.6 kg) net
40 lbs (18.1 kg) in shipping carton