TYPE: Intergrated Amplifier
The MT5 Precision Turntable, MCD350 SACD/CD Player, MR87 AM/FM Tuner, MB50 Streaming Audio Player and XR50 Bookshelf Loudspeakers are logical companions for the MA252 Integrated Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information on other McIntosh product combinations.
- The first hybrid integrated amplifier from McIntosh.
- Combines the best of vacuum tube and solid-state circuit design to create an amplifier that’s both visually and sonically stunning.
- The preamplifier stage uses two 12AX7a and two 12AT7 vacuum tubes housed inside stylish protective cages; the output stage is a direct coupled solid-state amplifier.
- Delivers 100 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 160 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers.
- Includes our new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate typical amplifier warm-up time.
- Full of numerous McIntosh technologies including Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Bass and Treble tone controls, High Drive headphone amplifier and Power Control.
- Sits atop a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis with a classic McIntosh-styled die cast aluminum name badge attached to each side.
Two 12AX7a and two 12AT7 vacuum tubes
Direct-coupled solid-state amplifier
100 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 160 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.03% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio (High Level)
Bass and Treble
1/4” High Drive; powers all headphones from 20 to 600 Ohms
2 Unbalanced 1 Balanced 1 Moving Magnet
1 Subwoofer (mono)
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
12” (30.5cm) x 7-5/8” (19.4cm) x 18” (45.7cm)
28 lbs (12.7kg) net, 37 lbs (16.8kg) in shipping carton