Vacuum tube headphone amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
Treat Your Headphones to McIntosh Amplification.
- The MHA200 Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier is for discerning headphone enthusiasts who demand the most from their headphones.
- Offers a versatile set of connectivity options, including balanced
- inputs and outputs, allowing nearly all headphone types to enjoy an extraordinary personal listening experience.
- Three options for attaching your headphones: a pair of 3-pin balanced XLR connectors for dedicated Left and Right balanced output; a 4-pin balanced XLR connector for balanced stereo output; and a 1/4” stereo headphone jack.
- Uses a pair of our Unity Coupled Circuit output transformers to deliver pristine audio to your ears.
- The Unity Coupled Circuit transformers have been adapted to produce 4 headphone impedance ranges of 32 – 100, 100 – 250, 250 – 600, and 600 – 1,000 Ohms at 500mW so that virtually every headphone can receive legendary McIntosh sound quality and performance.
- Powered by a pair of 12AT7 and 12BH7A dual triode vacuum tubes. Thanks to the MHA200’s small size of just 6-1/8” (15.6cm) wide x 9-1/8” (23.2cm) deep and its balanced inputs, it can be placed close to your listening position for ease use, with long balanced audio cables connecting it to your audio system without fear of signal loss.
- Includes volume control so it can be connected directly to music sources that have fixed volume output. Treat Your Headphones to McIntosh Amplification.
- Headphones not included.
Headphone Power Output:
Headphone Output Impedance:
Total Harmonic Distortion:
0.5% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
1 unbalanced (stereo)
1 balanced (stereo)
(1) pair of 3-pin balanced XLR connectors for dedicated Left and Right balanced output;
(1) 4-pin balanced XLR connector for balanced stereo output;
(1) stereo headphone (1/4”)
Signal To Noise Ratio:
(2) 12AT7 and (2) 12BH7A
dual triode vacuum tubes
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
6-1/8” (15.6cm) x 5-3/4” (14.6cm)
x 9-1/8” (23.2cm)
10.5 lbs (4.8 kg) net, 12 lbs (5.5 kg) in shipping carton