The MI502 2-Channel Digital Amplifier is a flexible component and welcome addition to a custom installed home audio or home theater system. It delivers world renowned McIntosh sound quality at a rate of 500 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 800 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers. It uses highly high-tech closed loop digital switching amplifiers and resilient power supplies that produce performance levels seldom heard in custom install audio.
TYPE: 2-Channel Digital Amplifier
- The MI502 2-Channel Digital Amplifier is a flexible component and
welcome addition to a custom installed home audio or home
- Delivers world renowned McIntosh sound quality at a rate of 500 Watts
into 8 Ohm speakers or 800 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers.
- Uses highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that
are paired with extremely robust power supplies that produce audio
performance levels rarely heard in custom audio.
- The applications are nearly limitless for how to use the MI502: power
the front left and right speakers in a home theater; drive two in-wall
subwoofers; a pair of MI502s could drive the three front channels of
an home cinema plus one subwoofer; or to power a pair of outdoor
speakers for when the party makes it way outside.
- Additionally, a stack of multiple MI502s could be used to power the
distributed audio speakers installed throughout a home.
- With a rack-friendly 2U height, it can easily be installed in an out-of-sight
A/V rack via the included rack mounting brackets. Can also be placed out
in the open for all to see and enjoy.
- As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, the MI502 does not require noisy
cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
- Includes Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Power Control, and
eco-friendly on/off signal sensing.
Immerse yourself in your favorite movies or sports! A custom 11-channel home theater powered by McIntosh MX100 A/V Processor, MI502 2-Channel Amplifier, MI254 4-Channel Amplifier, and MC255 5-Channel Amplifier. Speakers are McIntosh WS300 and WS500 In-Wall Speakers, and CS200 In-Ceiling Speakers.
500 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers
800 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.05% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio
8 Ohms: 2.7dB
4 Ohms: 3.7dB
8 Ohms: >85
4 Ohms: >45
+0, -0.9dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2″ (44.45cm) (19″ (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-5/16” (11cm)
x 21” (53.3cm)
21.5 lbs (9.8 kg) net,
37.9 lbs (17.2 kg) in shipping carton