Maximum Control and Configurability.
The C12000 Preamplifier is the next generation of our acclaimed two-chassis preamplifier design. The two-chassis design allows the audio section to be completely separated from the control and power sections. The absolute isolation of a preamplifier’s two main functions – control and sound – is achieved by this unusual but effective design. Splitting these primary purposes of a preamplifier up into separate chassis will deliver the purest sound reproduction possible.
The home audio stereo system comprised of the C12000 and MC3500 Mk II “simply sounds natural. Listen to it and you’ll discover that you are listening to music — pure, simple, unadulterated music. It’s not ‘bright’ or ‘hard’ or ‘soft’ or ‘warm’ or ‘euphonic’… it’s just as you’d expect music to sound: natural.” Named Stereo Preamplifier and Power Amplifier of the Year 2023. – Australian Hi-Fi Magazine
SERIES: C12000 2-Channel Solid State and Vacuum Tube Preamplifier
- The C12000 Preamplifier is the next generation of our acclaimed two-chassis preamplifier design. This unusual but effective design allows the audio section to be completely separated from the control and power section, delivering the purest sound reproduction possible.
- Inside each the C12000C Controller and C12000ST Preamplifier, the left and right channels are electrically and mechanically isolated from each other to allow for true dual mono operation.
- Includes 12 analog inputs: six balanced, four unbalanced, and two unbalanced phono inputs. The phono inputs are no longer set up as dedicated for Moving Coil or Moving Magnet cartridges; instead, both are configurable as either Moving Coil or Moving Magnet with adjustable Capacitance and Resistance Loading, along with adjustable Gain.
- Offers both vacuum tube and solid-state output. Six vacuum tubes power the high-level preamplifier section with two 12AT7 tubes and one 12AX7A tube assigned to each the left and right channel. Solid-state output is via a discrete balanced op-amp. Phono stage utilizes four 12AX7A vacuum tubes, with two tubes used per channel in a fully balanced configuration that incorporates RIAA equalization.
- Four total outputs: one balanced vacuum tube; one balanced solid-state; one fixed unbalanced; and one programmable unbalanced (can be either vacuum tube or solid-state).
- Other features: High Drive headphone amplifier that has plenty of power and flexibility to drive a wide range of headphones. Power Control can automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off. Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected sources
+0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion:
High Level: 0.005%; Phono: 0.05%
Maximum Output Voltage:
Balanced: 20 Vrms; Unbalanced: 10 Vrms
Signal to Noise Ratio:
Phono (Moving Coil): 79dB
Phono (Moving Magnet): 83dB
2 Phono (configurable as either
Moving Coil or Moving Magnet)
1 Balanced (Solid State)
1 Balanced (Vacuum Tube)
1 Unbalanced (Fixed)
1 Unbalanced (configurable as either
Solid State or Vacuum Tube)
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
Each module: 17.5” (44.45cm) x 6”
(15.24cm) x 18” (45.7cm)
C12000C: 27 lbs (12.3 kg) net,
42 lbs (19.5 kg) in shipping carton
C12000ST: 25 lbs (11.3 kg) net,
40 lbs (17.7 kg) in shipping carton