SERIES: C12000 Stereo Preamplifier
- The C12000 Preamplifier is the next generation of our acclaimed two-chassis preamplifier design. This unusual but effective design allows the audio section to be completely separated from the control and power section, delivering the purest sound reproduction possible.
- Inside each the C12000C Controller and C12000ST Preamplifier, the left and right channels are electrically and mechanically isolated from each other to allow for true dual mono operation.
- Includes 12 analog inputs: six balanced, four unbalanced, and two unbalanced phono inputs. The phono inputs are no longer set up as dedicated for Moving Coil or Moving Magnet cartridges; instead, both are configurable as either Moving Coil or Moving Magnet with adjustable Capacitance and Resistance Loading, along with adjustable Gain.
- Offers both vacuum tube and solid-state output. Six vacuum tubes power the high-level preamplifier section with two 12AT7 tubes and one 12AX7A tube assigned to each the left and right channel. Solid-state output is via a discrete balanced op-amp. Phono stage utilizes four 12AX7A vacuum tubes, with two tubes used per channel in a fully balanced configuration that incorporates RIAA equalization.
- Four total outputs: one balanced vacuum tube; one balanced solid-state; one fixed unbalanced; and one programmable unbalanced (can be either vacuum tube or solid-state).
- Other features: High Drive headphone amplifier that has plenty of power and flexibility to drive a wide range of headphones. Power Control can automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off. Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected sources
+0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
+0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion:
High Level: 0.005%; Phono: 0.05%
Maximum Output Voltage:
Balanced: 20 Vrms; Unbalanced: 10 Vrms
Signal to Noise Ratio:
Phono (Moving Coil): 79dB
Phono (Moving Magnet): 83dB
2 Phono (configurable as either
Moving Coil or Moving Magnet)
1 Balanced (Solid State)
1 Balanced (Vacuum Tube)
1 Unbalanced (Fixed)
1 Unbalanced (configurable as either
Solid State or Vacuum Tube)
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
Each module: 17.5” (44.45cm) x 6”
(15.24cm) x 18” (45.7cm)
C12000C: 27 lbs (12.3 kg) net,
42 lbs (19.5 kg) in shipping carton
C12000ST: 25 lbs (11.3 kg) net,
40 lbs (17.7 kg) in shipping carton