BRAND: EMM LABS
Intreducing the DA2 – redesigned from the ground up, it features the world.s first 16xDSD DACs and Ed’s latest generation analog stages. The combined performance of both allowing the DA2 to achieve that whole new level of transparency and performance. The DA2 also features a multitude of inputs a owing a host of connectivity options and support for DSD, 2xDSD and DXD (352 and 384kHz PCM) via USB. World’s First 16xDSD Proprietary Discrete DACs MDAC2 is now the world’s first true fully discrete DSD1024/16xDSD D/A converter and still built in-house at our manufacturing facility in Calgary, Canada.
We’re not willing to accept the inherent non-linearities of every mass-market chip created to date. Neither should you.
Newly Updated MDAT2 : 16xDSD Upsampling. Our multi-award winning MDAT2 DSP has been refined and updated to synergistically work with the new 16xDSD MDAC2. The new MDAT2 DSP does real-time transient detection, processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio, PCM and DSD, before sending it to the new 16xDSD DACs.
New USB Isolation, MFAST and MCLK2. The DA2 also has Ed’s proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for its USB interface. This allows the DA2 to further isolate its USB interface from noisy source power systems.
Along with MDAT2, MFAST our high-speed asynchronous jitter removal technology and MCLK2 our custom built super accurate clock, has beencarefully revised to work synergistically with the new 16xDED DACs. All culminating in that next level of immersive pristine sonic clarity that has been the definition of every new EMM product.
- World’s first 16xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters (MDAC2)
- Newly designed next generation analog stages
- Latest generation enhanced MFAST technology for instant signal acquisition and jitter-free performance
- Next generation MCLK2 proprietary custom clock
- Proprietary USB interface hardware galvanic isolation
- 24 bit, 192kHz support on all PCM inputs including USB
- DSD, 2xDSD and DXD (352/384kHz) over USB
- Exclusive aerospace-grade ceramic circuit boards
- EMM Optilink interface for connection to transport
- Precision-machined aluminum chassis & remote control
- Polarity inversion performed in the digital domain
- USB port for future software upgrades
- Serial port for wired remote control
- New optimized reference power system
– Power factor corrected
– Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
– Power consumption : max. 30W
EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)Supports up to 24bit, 192kHz on all
AES/EBU, USB 2x SPDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF Toslink USB also supports streaming DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352 and 384kHz)
Stereo analog outputs
KLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
W xD x H : 438 x 400 x 161 mm