SERIES: MC75 Power Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
TYPE: Power Amplifier
The McIntosh C22 Preamplifier, D150 Digital Preamplifier, MCT450 SACD/CD Transport, MT5 Turntable and XR100 Loudspeakers are logical companions for the MC75 Vacuum Tube Power Amplifier. Your Authorized Dealer can provide additional information.
- The MC75 mono vacuum tube power amplifier has all the features to meet the needs of today’s music enthusiast in a classic design.
- As with all McIntosh mono amplifiers, the MC75 will provide ultimate stereo separation and imaging as the two stereo channels are completely separate. 75 Watts of power is output into a 2, 4 or 8 Ohm speaker with less than 0.5% distortion.
- McIntosh’s patented Unity Coupled Circuit design provides low distortion, extended frequency response and long tube life.
- The MC75’s large, oversize power transformer provides unusually high power and dynamic response from a single pair of KT88 output tubes, once again setting the performance benchmark for tube amplification.
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs combined with Power Control allow matching with all contemporary McIntosh preamps and processors.
- Sentry Monitor tube protection circuit will ensure the MC75 will have a long and trouble free operating life.
75 Watts minimum sine wave continuous average power output into a single channel.
Output Load Impedance
2, 4 or 8 Ohms
Rated Power Bandwidth
20Hz to 20kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion
0.5% maximum harmonic distortion at any power level from 250 milliwatts to rated power
Overall Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-3/4” (45.09cm) (including cables) x 8-1/2” (21.6cm) (including feet) x 8-1/2” (21.6cm)
38 lbs. (17.24 kg) net, 43.5 lbs. (19.73 kg) in shipping carton
McIntosh Unity Coupled Output Circuit
Output power is taken from both the plate and cathode of the output tubes. Conventional designs take output only from the plate. This allows ½ the turns ratio, and ¼ the impedance transformation of conventional designs. The result is much lower distortion, wider bandwidth and lower output impedance.
Multifilar Wound Output Transformer
The Unity Coupled Output Transformer has two bifilar wound primaries: one for the cathodes and one for the plates. The secondary is wound together with the primary windings. This provides very close primary to secondary coupling. The result is flat frequency response and wide power bandwidth.
The MC75 uses five tubes: one 12AX7A, two 12AT7s and two KT88s. The 12AX7A is a voltage amplifier and phase inverter. One 12AT7 is a push pull bootstrapped voltage amplifier; the other 12AT7 is a cathode follower driver for two KT88 outputs connected in push pull.
The High-Speed Sentry Monitor protection circuitry shuts down the amplifier in case of a rare tube malfunction before additional damage can occur. If speaker wires are inadvertently shorted, Sentry Monitor will shut the amp off and the power LED on the input side of the amp will flash. Once the speaker wires are corrected, the amplifier will power back up.