The McIntosh MHT300 Home Theater Receiver (or AV Receiver or AVR) is an uncompromising 7.2 (or 5.2.2) channel home theater powerhouse sure to heighten your emotional connection to what you are watching. With support for breathtaking 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video and leading home theater surround sound audio formats Dolby® Atmos and DTS:X™, plus delivering 120 – 150 Watts of legendary McIntosh power to your home theater speakers, the MHT300 will make your home theater dreams come true.
Full Power to All Speakers All the Time
Don’t be fooled by high watts per channel specs listed by many other AV receivers on the market as many times the fine print will show that those power ratings only apply to just two channels driven. That may be fine for a stereo setup, but a home theater has a lot more than just two channels to drive.
SERIES: MHT300 Home Theater Receiver
TYPE: Home Theater Receiver
- 7.2 channel AVR (expandable to 7.2.4)
- 150 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms/120 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (ALL 7 channels driven)
- 4 HDMI inputs & 1 HDMI output: 8K/60Hz & 4K/120Hz; HDCP 2.3; 40Gbps; Rec. 2020; 4:4:4 Color; eARC/ARC
- Dolby Atmos; DTS:X
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- Dolby Vision; HDR10+; HLG
- 3U rack mountable
- Perfect for Custom Installed systems or sitting out on display
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving and damaging your speakers.
- Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage should current ever approach unsafe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- Power Control to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off.
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time and – perhaps more conveniently – automatically turns the MHT300 on when it senses a signal from your home theater processor.
- An FM Tuner for enjoying free over-the-air radio broadcasts.
The MHT300 can be used in a variety of setups, from a system with conventional speakers in an existing room to a semi-custom home theater system with custom installed speakers and screen to a dedicated home theater room with fully custom equipment, speakers, seating, and finishes.
7.2 (or 5.2.2) (expandable to 7.2.4)
Minimum sine wave continuous average power output:
7 Channels at 120Watts into 8 ohm load (all channels driven)
7 Channels at 150Watts into 4 ohm load (all channels driven)
Output Load Impedance
8 and 4 ohms
HDMI Input Rate and Formats
32kHz to 192kHz, 24-Bit PCM, Dolby Atmos, DTS
HDMI (Inputs and Outputs)
Version 2.0, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, 18Gbps, 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz, 4:4:4 Color, Rec. 2020, 3D Video pass-through
Digital Audio Inputs
Coaxial/Optical Digital Input Rate and Formats
32kHz to 192kHz, 24-Bit PCM, Multichannel PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS
Width is 17-1/2 inches (44.5cm)
Width is 19 inches (48.3cm) with Side Mount Brackets attached
Height is 6-1/16 inches (15.4cm) including feet
Depth is 21 inches (53.3cm) including the Front Panel and Cables
27 lbs (12.2 kg) net,
43.5 lbs (19.7 kg) in shipping carton